more JSON spec questions

Hallvord R. M. Steen hallvord at opera.com
Tue Sep 1 07:58:27 PDT 2009

On Thu, 27 Aug 2009 05:23:04 +0200, Oliver Hunt <oliver at apple.com> wrote:

>> Yup. You may also want tests for use of replacer arrays and
>> functions, etc

You meant octal/noctal syntax in replacer arrays and functions? Wasn't
quite sure what you were suggesting.

> On this topic, i'm fixing an issue in our handling of reviver
> functions in JSON.parse and noticed that json2.js and the JSON.parse
> specification differ in the handling of properties being deleted from
> the holder object, namely if a reviver function deletes a property
> from holder before it is visited then the current spec behaviour would
> imply that that property is still visited, only with the value
> undefined.

Looks like that's the way the spec works, and I've added another edge case
test for it here:
http://testsuites.opera.com/JSON/correctness/050.html

--
Hallvord R. M. Steen, Core Tester, Opera Software
http://www.opera.com http://my.opera.com/hallvors/