Property Iteration in JSON serialization

hallvord at opera.com hallvord at opera.com
Wed Oct 14 14:24:49 PDT 2009

Siterer Brendan Eich <brendan at mozilla.com>:

>> Is it required - or is it not?

It's not (yet) a spec requirement but in our experience it is
definitely required if you want to handle web content. Opera used to
return properties in some implementation-specific order (apparently
random from the script's point of view) and we had to change it
because it caused bugs on GMail and several other sites. (Though I
think we still return numerical properties on regular objects in an
unexpected order and haven't had as many problems with those).

- Hallvord R.