Binary Data - possible topic for joint session

Dean Landolt dean at deanlandolt.com
Fri Nov 6 10:44:37 PST 2009

Just in case some of you weren't aware, the CommonJS group has done quite a
bit of work and (bikeshedding) on this topic. Here's a link to the wiki:

http://wiki.commonjs.org/wiki/Binary

If nothing else there's quite a bit of prior art collected which should
inform the conversation. I know the Binary/B proposal has the implementation
momentum, but I don't know exactly what the status is. I haven't been
closely following the evolution of these binary specs too closely but since
it seems that nearly everyone else from the group is off to jsconf.eu I
figured I ought to toss this out there.