ES3.1 questions and issues

Allen Wirfs-Brock Allen.Wirfs-Brock at microsoft.com
Wed Mar 18 09:20:59 PDT 2009

I'd be interested in more details on how the new Array.prototype methods cause you problems. With only one or two exception, they are the same as the Mozilla "Array extra" methods so you must already have to deal with the possibly that they are present in some browsers.  The new methods are all writable so if somebody wants to unconditionally install their own replacements they can. We are certainly trying to minimize negative impacts of these sorts of additions so if our mitigations are not sufficient it would be very useful to understand why.

Would it be useful if there was a way to determine whether nor not a function was "built-in"?

Allen