Why decimal?

Brendan Eich brendan at mozilla.com
Wed Jun 24 12:43:05 PDT 2009

On Jun 24, 2009, at 12:37 PM, Brendan Eich wrote:

> So let's say ES6 is Harmony.

Last message from me on this topic today, I promise.

I wanted to encourage the use of "Harmony" for what's next, over
against "ES6". The ES3.1 -> ES5 experience, and of course many
software release renumbering adventures from our collective
professional and open source lives, teach us to avoid burning numbers
in SiO2 prematurely. Ecma wants whole edition numbers, ISO tracks
those. There could be a reason to do a fast ES6 that is not "Harmony".

So don't early-bind to ES6 :-P.