arguments.callee (from Andrea Giammarchi's blog)

Erik Corry erik.corry at gmail.com
Tue Jun 23 06:39:12 PDT 2009

2009/6/23 Keryx Web <webmaster at keryx.se>

> Hello all!
>
> I'm sorry if this is old and has been discussed, but I've not been able to
> follow this list with care for a few months.
>
> Anyway, I think Andrea Giammarchi has a few very valid points about
> arguments.callee and a few other arguments quirks:
>
> http://webreflection.blogspot.com/search/label/arguments

If I've understood him right then in the first case he is arguing for callee
because it is a workaround for a bug in  JScript where var g = function
foo() { return g === foo; } returns false.  Presumably his concerns could be
met by not removing callee from IE before that bug is fixed?

The second case he is arguing for callee for performance reasons.  Given the
expected low performance of callee that doesn't make much sense for me.