Deviations between json2.js and the currently specified behaviour of JSON.stringify

Allen Wirfs-Brock Allen.Wirfs-Brock at microsoft.com
Fri Jun 5 12:01:44 PDT 2009

I must be dense this morning but I don't see how the two calls to [[Get]] occurs in the algorithm. The first call to [[Get]] for a property key in object holder occurs in step 1 of Str. How does the second call occur?  The only place I see a possibility would be within a replacer function that reaccesses the property via its this value. What am I missing?

I agree with your analysis of ToString in JA. That means that ToString need to be applied to the key argument in step 1 of Str.  Presumably, toJSON methods (Str step 2.b.i) also need to get the raw key as an argument rather than the ToString'd key.

Allen