ToPropertyDescriptor and [[DefineOwnProperty]], regarding Object.defineProperty

Mike Shaver mike.shaver at gmail.com
Mon Jun 1 13:24:01 PDT 2009

On Mon, Jun 1, 2009 at 3:40 PM, Jeff Walden <jwalden+es at mit.edu> wrote:
> I don't see the point in making fields of property descriptors omittable.

At some point we'll need to deal with that, if future standards or
non-standard extensions from implementors add new fields and we wish
for existing scripts to continue to work.

That said, I think it will be extremely confusing to developers if
these ostensibly-boolean fields are really tri-state (true, false,
unspecified), so it seems like they should default to one of the true
or false behaviours?

Mike