A couple questions on Chapter 10

Waldemar Horwat waldemar at google.com
Mon Jan 26 18:25:18 PST 2009

I have a couple questions about eval code in the new Chapter 10:

- 10.1.1:  I don't understand when eval code is strict code.  Which Program is it that defines the eval code?

- 10.4.2:  Strict eval code sets the variable environment different from the lexical environment.  As far as I can tell, the net result is that strict eval code cannot see the properties it is itself defining.  This is truly weird.

    Waldemar

PS.  This is a great improvement over the old Chapter 10!