ES3.1 Draft: 15 Jan 2009 "MountainView" version available

Anne van Kesteren annevk at opera.com
Thu Jan 15 07:25:30 PST 2009

On Thu, 15 Jan 2009 14:16:04 +0100, Pratap Lakshman (VJ#SDK)
<pratapl at microsoft.com> wrote:
> I have uploaded to the wiki
> (link<http://wiki.ecmascript.org/doku.php?id=es3.1:es3.1_proposal_working_draft>)
> the 15 Jan 2009 draft of the specification for ES3.1. This is in the
> form of in-place edits and markups to the ES3 specification. Revision
> history is at the end of the document.
>
> This shall be the document to use for review at the upcoming TC39
> meeting (28/29 Jan, MountainView, Google). If there are any updates or
> revisions prior to the meeting, we will post them on the wiki as well as
> on the discuss lists.

FWIW, it seems there is a mismatch between the draft and what Internet
Explorer 8 appears to be shipping or maybe I am misunderstanding something.

http://annevankesteren.nl/2009/01/ie8-getters-setters

That is, section 8.10.5 uses "get" and "set" as keywords where Internet
Explorer 8 uses "getter" and "setter" according to its documentation.

(Section 11.1.5 pretty much has to use "get" and "set" because of three
shipping implementations.)

--
Anne van Kesteren
<http://annevankesteren.nl/>