Revisiting Decimal

Kris Zyp kris at sitepen.com
Fri Jan 9 14:54:32 PST 2009

What is the current state of the result of typeof on decimals, was
there consensus on this? I hope we will be using typeof 1.1m ->
"number". For a little bit of emperical evidence, I went through
Dojo's codebase and their are numerous places that we would probably
want to alter our code to include additional checks for "decimal" if
typeof 1.1m -> "decimal", whereas if "number" we would probably leave
virtually everything intact in regards to number handling with
consideration for decimals.
Thanks,
Kris