The JS onerror event and the ECMA Standard

P T Withington ptw at pobox.com
Mon Jan 5 08:36:18 PST 2009

On 2009-01-05, at 07:42EST, Michael Ratcliffe wrote:

> I have a question about the Javascript onerror event ... I know it
> is not part of the
> ECMA standard and that is my point.

I would sure like to see a more comprehensive error-handling
capability in the language.  Something that would let me bind handlers
to errors along the lines of Lisp's:  http://lambda-the-ultimate.org/node/1544

Because the most common use of JS is in a web browser, and because
your JS can be entered 'randomly' (in response to user events), it
would be very nice if there were an in-language way to specify a
default handler binding for error classes.

This issue plagues ActionScript as well: http://bugs.adobe.com/jira/browse/FP-444