parseInt and implicit octal constants

Hallvord R. M. Steen hallvord at opera.com
Sat Feb 21 15:30:38 PST 2009

On Sat, 21 Feb 2009 12:34:17 +0100, Anne van Kesteren <annevk at opera.com>
wrote:

>> Absent further information from the Opera folks, I agree. But if we
>> can, we should postpone committing to a decision until we hear about
>> their experience with this.
>>
>> Opera folks?
>
> We have no compatiblity bugs filed regarding parseInt as far as I can
> tell.

Indeed. I found 6 bugs filed on parseInt octal behaviour from 2002 to
2009. Half of them are filed against test suites or JS documentation
pages, the rest appear to be authors just trying things out. As far as I
can tell we've never seen a bug on an actual production website using
parseInt() for octal.

--
Hallvord R. M. Steen
Core JavaScript tester, Opera Software