The global object in browsers

Brendan Eich brendan at mozilla.com
Wed Feb 18 15:36:12 PST 2009

On Feb 18, 2009, at 3:24 PM, Ian Hickson wrote:

> I'm happy to spec into HTML5 whatever the majority of implementations
> eventually do (i.e. HTML5 will just track reality, whatever that
> is), I
> would hope the same applies to the ES specs. :-)

We do try to pave the cowpaths (without giving the biggest herds undue
influence, or falling into other such traps -- I get lost driving
around Boston, I hear it's cuz they paved the cowpaths back a century
or two).

You may remember us from such reality-inspired movies as "Attack of
the /[/]/ Killer RegExps" and "Don't throw for(i in null) from the
Train". :-/