assignment to eval in strict code

Allen Wirfs-Brock Allen.Wirfs-Brock at microsoft.com
Wed Feb 18 08:40:43 PST 2009

In strict mode, "arguments" is already defined using an ImmutableBinding so assigning to it will fail in a manner similar to assignment to eval.  We probably should list both of these assignment situations in section 16 as errors that can be reported at parse time.

As currently specified strict code can declare a formal parameter, var, or function named "arguments" but doing so blocks creation of an arguments object and its binding.

Allen