The global object in browsers

Brendan Eich brendan at mozilla.com
Tue Feb 17 17:35:47 PST 2009

On Feb 17, 2009, at 4:03 PM, ihab.awad at gmail.com wrote:

> On Tue, Feb 17, 2009 at 3:35 PM, Garrett Smith
> <dhtmlkitchen at gmail.com> wrote:
>> That document is not completely readable (at least in Firefox).
>> I see the first heading: "roduction". All subsequent headings
>> appear truncted.
>
> Rats.
>
> Ok, so it works fine in Safari, and some previous version of it *used*
> to work in FF.

My CSS guru says:

"It's equally broken (text off the left edge) for me in Firefox 3.0
and 1.5 as it is on trunk.  The page asks for a negative half an
inch of margin, and that's what it gets.

There is a rule that gives body a half-inch margin-left to
compensate (line 283), but that's overriden by a later rule (line
328) at the very beginning of the next style element."

/be