[[Class]] and host objects

Allen Wirfs-Brock Allen.Wirfs-Brock at microsoft.com
Wed Feb 11 08:47:01 PST 2009

..

>or "Array" [but that doesn't affect my point]
>
>Note that the algorithms in the JSON section check whether [[Class]] is
>"Array" directly; they should probably be using Array.isArray.

Actually, it is probably better for algorithms to directly check, rather than invoke the user level Array.isArray function.  The latter is a "up call" within the implementation layers. If the [[Class]]== 'Array' check was done a lot and was too verbose then an specification function could be defined for it.  That specification function should then be used to specify Array.isArray.

allen