[[Class]] and host objects

Mark S. Miller erights at google.com
Wed Feb 11 08:38:51 PST 2009

On Wed, Feb 11, 2009 at 8:27 AM, David-Sarah Hopwood <
david.hopwood at industrial-designers.co.uk> wrote:

> Note that the algorithms in the JSON section check whether [[Class]] is
> "Array" directly; they should probably be using Array.isArray.

Why? If someone assigns a different function to Array.isArray, should that
change JSON's behavior? If instead we spec JSON to use the original value of
Array.isArray, that's essentially the same thing as specing a [[Class]]
check. Just specing the [[Class]] check is simpler and more direct.

--
   Cheers,
   --MarkM