What strict mode eval declarations did we really ban?

Allen Wirfs-Brock Allen.Wirfs-Brock at microsoft.com
Wed Feb 11 08:22:03 PST 2009

Declaration binding instantiation creates an array object for a function only if the function does not have any explicit declarations named "arguments".  However, there is currently no strict mode restriction on such declaration.

Adding such a restriction would be a feature addition to what, at this point, should be a frozen feature set (I consider the related ongoing discussions to be clarification of intent for already committed features rather than new feature proposals).  I'm not dogmatic about things like this, but at this point there probably should be pretty overwhelming consensus before we add any new feature.

Allen