What strict mode eval declarations did we really ban?

Allen Wirfs-Brock Allen.Wirfs-Brock at microsoft.com
Tue Feb 10 18:45:33 PST 2009

Waldemar's Mountain View notes said: - Agreed to disallow the use of "eval" as the name of a local variable, function parameter, etc. in strict mode.

Did we really mean that only function scoped declarations are so restricted?  What about var declarations in strict global code?

What about function declarations? Can they have "eval" as their function name if they are contained in  strict function code or in strict code in general.

The simplest story is that "eval" is banned from all declarations in strict mode code.