Is EvalError still needed?

Allen Wirfs-Brock Allen.Wirfs-Brock at microsoft.com
Tue Feb 10 18:27:43 PST 2009

I've been told that Opera does (or at least did). However, Opera 9.63 on windows doesn't appear to. Maybe it's the mobile version that does it.

Regardless, the clarification of the semantic difference between direct and indirect eval arguably makes the optional disallowance of indirect eval obsolete.  Indirect eval would seem to have no utility (at least for web applications) if it is an "optional" feature.

Allen