quasi-literal strawman

Mike Samuel mikesamuel at gmail.com
Tue Dec 29 08:36:39 PST 2009

2009/12/28 Waldemar Horwat <waldemar at google.com>:
> Mike Samuel wrote:
>>
>> That's the case right now, except that to escape a backtick one does
>> $\`  instead of \`.
>
> Having `\`` not do what I'd expect escaping to do truly surprised me.  I
> thought that this was just a bug in the grammar when I read the wiki page.
>
> The grammar has other bugs having to do with \ characters inside identifiers
> and QuasiLiteralBodyParts.

Are you referring to problems with something like like
  `$foo\u0061\u0020`
where the Identifier production consumes both escape sequences but the
second makes the identifier illegal?

So an dentifier production that would limit the UnicodeEscapeSequence
to matching classes (L*, Mc, Mb, Nd, Nl, Pc) and the single codepoints
(_, $, ZWNJ, ZWJ).