quasi-literal strawman

Mike Samuel mikesamuel at gmail.com
Tue Dec 29 08:36:39 PST 2009

2009/12/28 Waldemar Horwat <waldemar at google.com>:
> Mike Samuel wrote:
>> That's the case right now, except that to escape a backtick one does
>> $\`  instead of \`.
> Having `\`` not do what I'd expect escaping to do truly surprised me.  I
> thought that this was just a bug in the grammar when I read the wiki page.
> The grammar has other bugs having to do with \ characters inside identifiers
> and QuasiLiteralBodyParts.

Are you referring to problems with something like like
where the Identifier production consumes both escape sequences but the
second makes the identifier illegal?

So an dentifier production that would limit the UnicodeEscapeSequence
to matching classes (L*, Mc, Mb, Nd, Nl, Pc) and the single codepoints
(_, $, ZWNJ, ZWJ).