array like objects

David-Sarah Hopwood david-sarah at jacaranda.org
Tue Dec 15 11:18:53 PST 2009

Brendan Eich wrote:
> In ES specs and real implementations, internal methods and various
> corresponding implementation hooks are called based on [[Class]] of the
> directly referenced object, in contrast.

In ES specs, there's no indication that [[Class]] can or should be used
for internal method lookup; I don't know where you got that idea.

As for implementation, [[Class]] could be derived from some other type tag
that gives sufficient information to do such lookup, but [[Class]] by
itself is not sufficient.