array like objects

Mark S. Miller erights at google.com
Fri Dec 11 12:34:19 PST 2009

[+commonjs]

On Fri, Dec 11, 2009 at 12:08 PM, Mike Wilson <mikewse at hotmail.com> wrote:

>  Thanks Mark, this is the right way to approach it I think. String objects
> will be considered array-like above which may not be desired, but either
> way, I think it is this type of guideline that can prove valuable, so host
> objects and libraries can make sure to adhere (or make sure not to adhere)
> to that pattern. I'm not sure where it should be put, but maybe there should
> be an official ES "duck" page with committee approved patterns ;-).

I like the idea of collecting consensus patterns for coordinating
conventions outside the jurisdiction of the specs. I wonder whether this is
best done at wiki.ecmascript.org or at wiki.commonjs.org ? The CommonJS
community is already functioning as an informal open standards body for such
conventions.

--
   Cheers,
   --MarkM