AST in JSON format

Breton Slivka zen at zenpsycho.com
Mon Dec 7 21:35:59 PST 2009

On Tue, Dec 8, 2009 at 3:57 PM, David-Sarah Hopwood
<david-sarah at jacaranda.org> wrote:
<snip>
> That would however depend on an assessment of whether browser
> implementors had succeeded in implementing secure and correct
> ES5->AST parsers (with a mode that accepts exactly ES5 as specified,
> not ES5 plus undocumented cruft and short-cuts for edge cases).
>
> --
> David-Sarah Hopwood  ⚥  http://davidsarah.livejournal.com

would it make sense to abandon our attachment to using the browser
native parser, and just implement an ES5 parser/serializer as a
seperate standard unit, without ties to the js engine itself? Would
there be significant disadvantage to having two parsers in one ES
interpreter?