Addition of a global namespace function?

Mark A. Ziesemer online at mark.ziesemer.com
Fri Dec 4 08:58:24 PST 2009

On Fri, Dec 4, 2009 at 10:41 AM, Alex Russell <alex at dojotoolkit.org> wrote:
> CommonJS modules don't solve the global pollution problem, because they can't. We're gonna keep blowing off limbs until we acknowledge that there's a design flaw in the language and take some positive action at a semantic level to correct it.

Is there any possibility that some solution at the semantic level
could be back-ported to previous versions of the language, such as
with the JavaScript 1.6 Array Extras?  If so, and if further
discussion is just needed by others to finalize a solution, I'm sure
that I and others are willing to wait.  If not, I think that something
- such as the namespace function I proposed - should continue to be
considered as an "immediate" solution.

--
Mark A. Ziesemer
www.ziesemer.com