Addition of a global namespace function?

Mike Samuel mikesamuel at gmail.com
Wed Dec 2 15:26:53 PST 2009

Mark,
I read your blog, and I don't quite understand the proposal.
Apologies for dumping a whole bunch of questions on you all at once.

What is the goal of namespaces?
To prevent one module from (unintentionally|intentionally|both)
clobbering an API exported by another module?

What is a namespace?
An object that can be consistently addressed by a dotted path after first read?
A chain of property names starting from a container that should always
return the same result after first read?

Why is namespace not in a namespace?