a test for stringify "whitelist" which WebKit fails

Hallvord R. M. Steen hallvord at opera.com
Thu Aug 27 04:44:02 PDT 2009

Hi Oliver,
I'm curious about this TC - it appears to be WebKit against the rest of
us, but it will take me some assistance from somebody with Superior
Spec-Reading Skills to figure out who does the right thing..

http://testsuites.opera.com/JSON/correctness/046.html

(test code is at
http://testsuites.opera.com/JSON/correctness/scripts/046.js )

Issue: if an object has properties whose name is a number inside a string
({'1':'foo'}) and you pass in a white-list array to stringify(), WebKit
requires the elements in the array to be numbers inside strings too, while
other implementations allow either plain numbers or numbers inside strings.

The latter makes more sense to me given that JS generally doesn't
distinguish obj[1] and obj['1']. Do you think this is a WebKit bug?

--
Hallvord R. M. Steen, Core Tester, Opera Software
http://www.opera.com http://my.opera.com/hallvors/