more JSON spec questions

Oliver Hunt oliver at apple.com
Wed Aug 26 20:23:04 PDT 2009

On Aug 26, 2009, at 4:22 PM, Oliver Hunt wrote:

> Yup. You may also want tests for use of replacer arrays and
> functions, etc

On this topic, i'm fixing an issue in our handling of reviver
functions in JSON.parse and noticed that json2.js and the JSON.parse
specification differ in the handling of properties being deleted from
the holder object, namely if a reviver function deletes a property
from holder before it is visited then the current spec behaviour would
imply that that property is still visited, only with the value
undefined.

While json2.js disagrees with this implementation the firefox
implementation does match spec here, so i'd just like to verify that
the currently specified behaviour is intended (this is sufficiently
edge-case like for me to doubt it has any significant compatibility
impact, i just want clarification)

--Oliver