more JSON spec questions

Hallvord R. M. Steen hallvord at opera.com
Wed Aug 26 16:50:46 PDT 2009

On Thu, 27 Aug 2009 01:22:46 +0200, Oliver Hunt <oliver at apple.com> wrote:

>>> Octal values are completely specified -- the lexer defined in ES5
>>> and json.org  disallows a leading 0 on any value not between -1 and
>>> 1.

Good to hear but - sorry! - I can't quite see where the spec supports this
conclusion. I tried looking at the lexical and syntactical grammars and
the JSON.parse() algorithm.

Just reported the bug on us parsing '[1,]' and reversed tests for toJSON()
on String, Boolean and Number (Safari surges to 90.5% pass - good for you
and well done ;) )

--
Hallvord R. M. Steen, Core Tester, Opera Software
http://www.opera.com http://my.opera.com/hallvors/