more JSON spec questions

Hallvord R. M. Steen hallvord at opera.com
Wed Aug 26 16:10:06 PDT 2009

On Thu, 27 Aug 2009 00:52:20 +0200, Oliver Hunt <oliver at apple.com> wrote:

>> Quick word about the test suite: it's current home is
>> http://testsuites.opera.com/JSON/ where you can have a look at the
>> README, load runner.htm to run all tests (Warning: if you do that in
>> IE8 something makes it eat all your memory and make the PC entirely
>> unusable!) or browse through folders to individual tests. Hope it's
>> useful to all you implementers out there. Feedback welcome :)
>
> The spec only defines Date.prototype.toJSON now -- so the tests for
> toJSON on String, Boolean and Number are wrong (technically they should
> not be present, and stringification should work if they aren't).

Aha, I was wondering why Safari failed all those tests - completely missed
that these were removed from the spec :-p
Thanks!

> Octal values are completely specified -- the lexer defined in ES5 and
> json.org  disallows a leading 0 on any value not between -1 and 1.

Right - I think the test itself is valid, so I just need to fix the
comment saying it's an unspecified assertation, right?
(test is http://testsuites.opera.com/JSON/correctness/scripts/003.js )

--
Hallvord R. M. Steen, Core Tester, Opera Software
http://www.opera.com http://my.opera.com/hallvors/