Initial ECMA formated ES5 draft available

Jim Blandy jimb at mozilla.com
Tue Aug 25 11:40:24 PDT 2009

When I view the formatted draft as a PDF file, the PDF index includes a
lot of junk entries.  I've attached a screenshot showing the index on
the left.  The highlighted index entry is at the top level of the index
tree, but it is the first word of the paragraph on the right page after
Table 21, to the left of the image of the mouse pointer.  This looks
like Word is deriving the index from formatting information and getting
confused.

I hope we can clean this up.  Especially for large documents like
standards, the PDF index is extremely valuable; I certainly can't
imagine using, say, the C++ '89 standard, without a proper index.