Last weeks meeting notes

Ian Hickson ian at hixie.ch
Mon Aug 3 14:27:31 PDT 2009

On Mon, 3 Aug 2009, Erik Arvidsson wrote:

> Discussing whether we want to put setTimeout etc into ECMAScript? There
> is a clearly a gap between ES and HTML5. How can we close the gap?
> Execution model needs to be standardized.

I'd be happy to coordinate on this. As a warning, though, specifying this
in a well-defined manner will require some manner of interaction with the
event loop mechanism in HTML5 (or rather, in whatever environment the
script is running in). I'm not sure exactly how this would work, but it
shouldn't be too hard -- we probably just need to define some terms that
the host environment's spec can hook into.