ES3.1 Draft: 22 Sep 2008 "Redmond" version available

Waldemar Horwat waldemar at google.com
Tue Sep 23 13:45:59 PDT 2008

Sam Ruby wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 23, 2008 at 4:09 PM, Waldemar Horwat <waldemar at google.com> wrote:
>> What parts should I look at?  The decimal stuff in the document is inconsistent and looks like it's not ready for review yet.
>
> The decimal stuff undoubtedly has bugs, but please do review the
> version that Pratap sent out.

I'll try but probably won't get far given that the draft was published yesterday, the meeting is tomorrow and I have other things I need to get done in the meantime.  The problems in decimal are serious enough that I can't even figure out the intent of the proposal at this point.

> One minor request: statements like "breaks arrays" are less helpful
> than specific ECMAScript statements which would fail; better yet would
> be citing specific deployed code that would fail.

I already gave specific examples of this and we've had extensive discussions of them.  I don't like beating a dead horse any more than necessary.

    Waldemar