Volunteers needed: Function.prototype.bind() in ES3.1 pseudo-code

Mark S. Miller erights at google.com
Thu Sep 18 08:45:49 PDT 2008

The Redmond mtg is fast approaching. We'd like to put out an official
for-Redmond-mtg draft of the ES3.1 spec by then. I had volunteered to write
the spec for Function.prototype.bind(). Long term, I think we all agree we'd
like to see this spec and many others self-hosted in EcmaScript. However,
the discussion of self-hosting issues makes clear that this ain't gonna
happen in time for ES3.1.

So what we need now is a spec for Function.prototype.bind() in the peculiar
pseudo-code style -- combining the worst of COBOL and assembly language --
used in the rest of the spec. Unfortunately, I won't have time between now
and then. Would anyone care to contribute some text? Please?

--
   Cheers,
   --MarkM