Ye olde arguments argument (was: Topic list - pending changes and issues for the ES3.1 spec)

Mike Shaver mike.shaver at gmail.com
Wed Sep 17 07:37:48 PDT 2008

On Wed, Sep 17, 2008 at 3:07 AM, Garrett Smith <dhtmlkitchen at gmail.com> wrote:
> Instead, it would be more useful for all thrown objects to get a stack
> property, unless the object already had one.

This has been proposed before in Mozilla, but I and others objected
because we don't believe that throwing an object should mutate it, and
because it would cause primitives to be boxed by the property set (or
have more just-so ad hoc logic that is hard to reason about).

I would be more amenable to have {Syntax,}Error.throwObject(obj)
provide an Error with stack, and the provided obj as .data or some
such.

Mike