Function.prototype.bind

Brendan Eich brendan at mozilla.org
Wed Sep 10 00:57:20 PDT 2008

On Sep 10, 2008, at 12:22 AM, Garrett Smith wrote:

> So Function.apply is the same as Function.prototype.apply, unless you
> set the javascript version to 1.7?

No, I was dreaming. JS1.x has no Function.apply other than the one
you'd expect per ES3 -- the one inherited from Function.prototype.apply.

We only talked about Function.apply for ES4 (here). I misremembered.
Whew!

So the LSP violation was on paper only. No substitutions were harmed
making this movie. Back to the name-mangling show. ;-)