return when desugaring to closures

YR Chen maian330 at gmail.com
Sun Oct 12 18:42:20 PDT 2008

On Sun, Oct 12, 2008 at 7:34 PM, David-Sarah Hopwood <
david.hopwood at industrial-designers.co.uk> wrote:

> So why are we arguing about whether lambdas should be allowed without
> braces, when the direction being taken for the rest of the language
> is to make the braces mandatory around all forms that can potentially
> declare variables?

What "rest of the language" are you talking about? |if|, |while|, and |for|
do not require braces and thus do not necessarily create block scopes. I
can't imagine a situation where |lambda(...) non_let_statement| would
require creating a block scope for the lambda, unless that non_let_statement
is a block itself.