return when desugaring to closures

Mark S. Miller erights at google.com
Sat Oct 11 15:45:59 PDT 2008

On Sat, Oct 11, 2008 at 3:30 PM, Brendan Eich <brendan at mozilla.com> wrote:
> What's more, as discussed here and in TC39, repeated let declarations for
> the same binding name within the same block should be allowed. Anything else
> is user- and refactoring-hostile. So the non-initial let declarations for a
> given name in the same block would be ignored.

What if repeated let declarations constrain the same variable with
different type-annotation-constraints?

If we want to avoid the read-barrier, we should not hoist either const
or let. If we are to consider not hoisting const, WE NEED TO DECIDE
THIS NOW, before ES3.1 mandates a hoisting const.

--
    Cheers,
    --MarkM