No subject

Wed Nov 12 19:35:46 PST 2008

that goal, the discrepancy from "true" {...} control syntax stands out
like a sore thumb to me. And others have already pointed out the rest
params issue. I think it would be best to just stick with the functional
standpoint - lambdas as lightweight functions. Solving the control
abstraction should be dealt with in another less "hacky" way. There are
languages that can integrate lambdas easily with control abstraction;
unfortunately, ES is not one of them.

(As a side note, sometimes I wonder if all this talk about sugar is
moot, because I suspect more and more languages will start compiling
down to ES.)