Trac issue reports

David-Sarah Hopwood david.hopwood at industrial-designers.co.uk
Thu Nov 27 17:54:31 PST 2008

Brendan Eich wrote:
> On Nov 16, 2008, at 8:48 PM, David-Sarah Hopwood wrote:
>> Allen Wirfs-Brock wrote:
>>> I intend to propose at the Kona meeting that we have reached a point
>>> where we need to move to a strict ticket driven process for the ES3.1
>>> endgame. Hopefully, we can just adopt and start using the "ES4" Trac
>>> server
>>
>> Just as non-TC39-members can't currently edit the wiki, they can't
>> submit Trac issues, either.
>
> That was not true for the longest time. Then we got spammed.
>
> We've added access to those who request it and have good rep. We're not
> throwing things open to the world. I still haven't heard back from you
> whether you want access, BTW.

In case you didn't see my private email, I do. But I also think that
everyone who reports a bug on the mailing lists should be given access
(on the principle that anyone who submits one bug report that way is
quite likely to submit more, and unlikely to be a spammer).

Currently, a lot of bugs are being reported on the lists, and there is
a risk of them getting lost if they can't be promptly submitted as Trac
issues.

--
David-Sarah Hopwood