Decimal as quasi-parser (Was: [Caja] Fwd: ES3.1 Draft: 07 Nov 2008 "Kona" version available)

David-Sarah Hopwood david.hopwood at
Tue Nov 18 21:27:20 PST 2008

Mike Cowlishaw wrote:
>> On Thu, Nov 6, 2008 at 2:33 PM, Mark S. Miller <erights at>
> wrote:
>>> The EcmaScript 3.1 draft standard is rapidly congealing towards an
>>> official standard. The Kona version at
>>> is the important one -- details aside, the only remaining significant
>>> unsettled controversy is whether Decimal remains or is pulled from
>>> ES3.1.
> This was settled in Redmond: if Sam Ruby could do the necessary work in
> time for Kona (and, yes, details/bugs are almost always present and
> fixable) decimal support is in 3.1.
> Sam has done that work, so there is no controversy at this point.
> ECMAScript 3.1 is looking good, and looks as though it will have
> industry-wide support.

The number of Decimal-related bugs in the Kona draft is alarmingly high.
I suspect that it will scrape in, but I definitely wouldn't say it was

David-Sarah Hopwood