Kona [[Getter]] and [[Setter]] descriptions

Allen Wirfs-Brock Allen.Wirfs-Brock at microsoft.com
Sun Nov 16 10:57:22 PST 2008

I think the connection is commonly expected so that possibility should be acknowledge but also emphasized as not being required. Would you concern about implying some implicit maintenance of state  be alleviated if [[Getter]] said "called to produce" rather than "called to return"?

In general, I think the descriptive text in these tables need to be considered as informative rather than normative. The normative definitions of the getters and setters is provided by the algorithms of the specifications. Overall, I don't this document (and its predecessors) does a very good job at clearly distinguishing the informative from the normative.

Allen