Kona [[Getter]] and [[Setter]] descriptions

Peter Michaux petermichaux at gmail.com
Sun Nov 16 10:35:46 PST 2008

On Sun, Nov 16, 2008 at 10:11 AM, Allen Wirfs-Brock
<Allen.Wirfs-Brock at microsoft.com>

>  [[Getter]]  A zero-argument function that is called to return the property value each time the property read.
>
>  [[Setter]]  A one-argument function that is called with the assigned value each time the property is assigned. The effect of a property's [[Setter]] function may but it not required to have an effect on the value returned by subsequent calls to the property's [[Getter]] function.

These descriptions are going back towards the idea of "state" and a
connection between getting and setting. I don't think that is
necessary even though that is the motivation for their existence.
Getting and setting are two totally disjoint operations unless a
particular object is implemented so they are connected.

Peter