destructuring in formal parameters?

Brendan Eich brendan at
Thu Nov 13 16:42:55 PST 2008

On Nov 13, 2008, at 3:33 PM, Peter Michaux wrote:

> On Thu, Nov 13, 2008 at 3:29 PM, Brendan Eich <brendan at>
> wrote:
>> IIRC formal parameter destructuring was Harmonious when I presented
>> it in
>> July.
> Is there a published list of things which are considered "harmonious"?

You asked last time and I answered:

The only changes since then have been visible on es-discuss -- mainly
lambda, lexical scope, and the agreement to use an unambiguous bottom-
up grammar, which rules out expression closures as proposed (and

The is the
place to look.

> I'm particularly curious how lambdas have be received by the technical
> committee members after the long discussions and also classes as
> sugar.

I missed the last TC39 meeting, but the reaction on the list from Mark
Miller has been positive (indeed, instrumental in the case of lambdas).