Question of destructuring

Brendan Eich brendan at mozilla.com
Sun Nov 9 01:29:53 PST 2008

On Nov 9, 2008, at 12:24 AM, Eric Suen wrote:

> Will destructuring and closures be included in ES3.1?

("closures" I take to mean expression closures -- please correct me if
I'm misreading you.)

No, and this should be clear to anyone following the es*-discuss lists
(either list -- but you have to read all the messages). The draft
ES3.1 specs make clear what's in or maybe-in, and we've had many
messages (including very recently) about ES3.1 ins and outs.

> Where can I find the grammar of destructuring and closures in
> mozilla JavaScript 1.8, because in mozilla docs site only list
> some examples, that is not enough for write a parser.

You'll have to read the source for SpiderMonkey or Rhino (both
implement these now, I believe).