Draft of Function.prototype.bind.

Brendan Eich brendan at mozilla.com
Fri Nov 7 01:05:33 PST 2008

On Nov 6, 2008, at 9:58 PM, Allen Wirfs-Brock wrote:

> [...]

Good point. But Decimal is not listed in "15.1.4 Constructor
Properties of the Global Object".

I just searched for Decimal and ToDecimal in the latest 3. 1 draft,
and it does not hang together. Nowhere in chapter 9 is the Decimal
type defined or broken out, but 4.3.3 says that Decimal is a type,
while 4.3.4 says "A Decimal object is a member of the type Object and
is an instance of the built-in Number object." 15.13 contradicts this.

The use of "decimal representation" in 15.7 to mean arbitrary
precision decimal is confusing.