Variable statement in ECMA-262

David-Sarah Hopwood david.hopwood at industrial-designers.co.uk
Wed Nov 5 17:28:06 PST 2008

Allen Wirfs-Brock wrote:
> Thanks for the pointer.  I've diff'ed the Word versions of the ECMA
> and Mozilla versions and confirmed that aside from the history section
> there are only formatting and boiler-plate differences.  I haven't done
> a comprehensive diff between them but the formatting in the Mozilla
> version closely matches the ISO version.
>
> I suggest that for the ES3.1 draft we apply the styles and formatting
> from the Mozilla/ISO version as they appear to be more mature.

The Mozilla version has a much heavier font with a smaller interline
spacing, that I find significantly less pleasant to read (even though
I prefer sans-serif for technical documents in general). The lighter
font in the 'NOTE' sections is more readable, although the interline
spacing is still too small there.

Also the italic and non-italic variants of the font are less clearly
distinguished than in the ECMA version.

--
David-Sarah Hopwood