Variable statement in ECMA-262

David-Sarah Hopwood david.hopwood at industrial-designers.co.uk
Wed Nov 5 16:55:15 PST 2008

Brendan Eich wrote:
> On Nov 5, 2008, at 1:51 AM, Michael Day wrote:
>
>> One more question: before the parenthetical aside it says "see 0", is
>> this supposed to be a reference to 11.1.2 Identifier Reference?
>
> That reference works for me (it is to 11.1.2) in Adobe Reader 8, loading
> http://www.mozilla.org/js/language/E262-3.pdf. What version of ES3 are
> you looking at, with what viewer?

It is "see 0" in the copy of the standard available from
<http://www.ecma-international.org/publications/standards/Ecma-262.htm>,
in Adobe Reader 8.1.2.

This the first I've seen of the copy you've just referenced (irritating,
because the hyperlinking in that copy would have saved me a lot of time).

How many other differences, other than purely typographical differences
(e.g. serif vs sans-serif font), are there between the two copies?

--
David-Sarah Hopwood