A random collection of ES4 draft spec surprises and thoughts

Lars Hansen lhansen at adobe.com
Wed May 28 18:10:06 PDT 2008

Other people took care of everything except this one:

> * Is "A catch-all method operates on the object that contains
> the method." a mistake? Did you mean "operates on the invoked object"?

My phrasing is clumsy, but in my universe we invoke functions and
methods, not objects, and I was trying to convey that sense of
reality.  The sentence does not end with a period but with a second
clause: ", not on that object's prototype object." and that's the
main point: the method only operates on the specific receiver object,
not on the receiver's prototypes.  But you're right to point out
that it could be improved.  Thanks.

--lars